All Stories
TRANSMISSION_ID: QUANZHOU_PUPPET_MASTER
STATUS: DECRYPTED

提线木偶娘 | The Puppet Master of Quanzhou

by Mei Lin Chen|2 min read|
"泉州古城的戏台后,一位丰满的木偶戏艺人用丝线操控着人偶,也操控着他的心... Behind the stage in ancient Quanzhou, a curvaceous puppeteer controls marionettes with silk threads, and his heart as well..."

提线木偶娘 | The Puppet Master of Quanzhou

第一章 | Chapter One: 南音古城 (City of Southern Music)

泉州,古称刺桐城,是海上丝绸之路的起点。

Quanzhou, anciently called Citong City, is the starting point of the Maritime Silk Road.

这里的提线木偶戏闻名遐迩,最出色的艺人叫林素琴,四十八岁,身材丰满,十根手指能同时操控一百多根丝线。

The marionette puppet theater here is renowned far and wide. The most outstanding artist was named Lin Suqin, forty-eight, with a full figure, ten fingers able to control over a hundred silk threads simultaneously.

"木偶有灵," 她常说,"你对它好,它就活了。"

"Puppets have spirits," she often said. "Treat them well, and they come alive."


第二章 | Chapter Two: 后台邂逅 (Encounter Backstage)

那年元宵节,一位法国剧场导演来考察传统戏曲。

That Lantern Festival, a French theater director came to study traditional opera.

"林老师," 他站在后台,看她为木偶穿戴,"您是如何让木偶如此生动的?"

"Teacher Lin," he stood backstage, watching her dress the puppets, "how do you make the puppets so lifelike?"

素琴抬起头,丰满的脸上带着神秘的笑容:"因为我把灵魂给了它们。"

Suqin raised her head, a mysterious smile on her full face: "Because I give them my soul."

她将一个木偶放在他手中:"试试操控它。"

She placed a puppet in his hand: "Try controlling it."

他手忙脚乱,木偶在他手中东倒西歪。

He fumbled, the puppet swaying haphazardly in his hands.

"不对," 她走到他身后,丰满的身躯贴上来,"要用心,不是用力。"

"Not right," she walked behind him, her full figure pressing close. "Use your heart, not your strength."


第三章 | Chapter Three: 丝线与命运 (Silk Threads and Destiny)

"你知道为什么叫'提线'吗?" 深夜,她在工作室里问他。

"Do you know why they're called 'marionettes'?" she asked him in her workshop late at night.

她手中的丝线在灯光下闪烁:"因为每个人都是被命运牵着走的木偶。"

The silk threads in her hand glittered in the lamplight: "Because everyone is a puppet pulled by the threads of fate."

"那你是谁的木偶?"

"Then whose puppet are you?"

她放下丝线,解开旗袍的盘扣,丰腴的身躯在昏暗中如同一个待唤醒的木偶:"今晚,我想做你的。"

She set down the silk threads and undid the frog buttons of her qipao, her full figure in the dimness like a puppet waiting to be awakened: "Tonight, I want to be yours."

她将丝线轻轻缠在他手腕上:"来,操控我。"

She gently wound silk threads around his wrist: "Come, control me."


第四章 | Chapter Four: 戏如人生 (Theater Like Life)

"这出戏会在法国上演吗?" 天亮时,她问。

"Will this play be performed in France?" she asked at dawn.

他看着她丰满的身影整理木偶:"会的。但我想让你一起去。"

He watched her full figure organizing the puppets: "Yes. But I want you to come too."

"我是属于泉州的。" 她微笑着,"但我的心,可以跟你去任何地方。"

"I belong to Quanzhou." She smiled. "But my heart can go anywhere with you."

她将一个精致的小木偶放在他手中——那是按照她的样子做的。

She placed an exquisite small puppet in his hand—made in her likeness.

"带着她," 她说,"就像带着我。"

"Take her with you," she said, "as if taking me."


在泉州的戏台上,有些故事比木偶戏更动人...

On Quanzhou's stages, some stories are more moving than puppet theater...

End Transmission